segunda-feira, 1 de fevereiro de 2010

When i grow old... i want...


So what brings me back you might ask?

It's obvious, today i saw some kind of interview that talked about the old people and what was their sad fate.

Initially i thought that what i would see could take me to that predictable interview where the questions would be about the good aspects of life and some adventures the poor little fellow could have during the sane years he had even if they were few.

I was quite surprised that who would have seen that a lot of old people could be neglected to a point where the public institutions where the only ones that can look for them... it seems the family didn't want anything about them...
A curious fact was a old woman that for more than twenty yeards hadn't seen his daughter and the first news she had about her was a question that the poor child (very old since her mother was even older than that adult woman), "does my mother still has her married ring?" LOL really there are humans beings capable of asking such things with the funniest nerve! How could that bastard think in her mother because of a single ring she had in her fingers? Ok let's assume she was the worst mother in the whole wide world, and even by that she is now to old to move almost by herself, she sole thought that arrassed the daughters mind was to ask for an object of some value... Is life this insignifant?

What will it be when my time comes when i can move and take my own decisions? Will the people that are supposed to look out for me... watch first for my rings and possessions and only after they will look for my safety?

I think that maybe from an early age we should provide that things like this won't happen.. Ok i'm still very young but this can be a valuable lesson, cause maybe it isn't a thing about education of our children but who knows... friends, society, work and the family they create change them, so maybe that it is not a option...

Let's make it a one way street, and remember to always take care of yourself when you grow old and you see that everything you built can vanish with just one "click".

I wish the best luck to all :) i'll make sure i take care of the ones that depend on me until the day i can't anymore, after that my job is done!

GodSpeed & live long!

Sem comentários: